Does anyone actually LIKE packing? I have been trying to find the redeeming factors, mostly so that I actually DO it. Like the organizational component, the knowing what actually lurks in your storage compartment part, and the redecorating potential in the new pad. So far, none of these things have actually been inspirational or motivating.
Yesterday I bought a huge roll of bubble wrap. Happy Earth Day, huh? I drew the line at buying styrofoam packing noodles. (I swear, that is what they are called) I should have biked to Target at least.
OH, I did have one fabulous moment last night when I stumbled upon an entire box of old photo albums. I've been obsessed with taking pictures for as long as I can remember and digital technology was unfortunately not soon enough in coming. But I do have some great moments recorded on film at least:
1. Mt Hood skiing trip where we discovered a closet full of ski gear from the 70's and 80's (complete with dumb and dumber style fur boots) and donned them on the slopes.
2. Bad college highlights. Enough said. Oh wait, and strange college weight fluctuations.
3. More college moments: combos, Adal's runs (*Ding* tortilla!), beach beach and more beach, sunburns, Corvette's, 2SK, princess-style sorrority banquets, intramurals, crushes, etc, etc...GOOD TIMES!
4. Halloweens from many years past incuding classic costumes like the angel, the devil, cowgirls, hawaiian, jelly fish, catwoman, and does anyone remember "blue"?
5. Epic 6 car caravan WA-SD road trip complete with a Dave Matthews concert. It took 40 hours in case you were wondering.
6. The birth of my adorable niece Tay and nephew Elliott.
7. My sister's wedding
8. The invention of the digital camera (Phew!)...I don't actually have a picture of that.